Quinoa Minestrone "Soup". I like to make this quinoa minestrone soup when I'm meal prepping because it lends leftovers throughout the week. I didn't think it would be easy to make minestrone soup vegetarian. Hearty, healthy, and delicious minestrone soup with quinoa - an easy-to-prepare vegetarian and gluten-free soup recipe.
Ingredients of Quinoa Minestrone "Soup"
- Prepare Half of cup of quinoa (around 150g I've used, that wasn't half cup).
- Prepare of Around 1 liter of veggie stock.
- It's 500 g of spinach, chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of basil leaves, chopped.
- You need 2 of onions, chopped.
- It's 2 of medium potatoes, diced 🥔.
- You need 4-5 of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 of tomato, diced 🍅.
- You need 150 g of carrots (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 150 g of Green beans (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 1 of peek sliced.
- Prepare Half of cup celery, diced.
- It's 1 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- It's of Olive oil,.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! Add tomatoes, cannellini and red kidney beans, quinoa, vegetable stock and water to the pot and bring to the boil. Soup thickness: Healthy Minestrone Soup is a very thick and hearty soup — more the consistency STORAGE: Soup will continue to thicken as the quinoa expands. We still think it tastes great, but it.
Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" instructions
- So first of all this recipe is a bit of experiment. I definitely wouldn't call it a soup, as it became quite thick even though I have added some splash of water during cooking, and also I would probably change a few things next time. I will write some conclusions as a last 'step' so I won't forget....
- First things first, let's dice and prepare everything. On this picture, the 2 darker green bowls contain the "spinach-basil base", in the next step I will write down how I made that and this picture also contains the cooked quinoa..
- Spinach-basil base: so we got the chopped spinach and basil leaves, and about a liter of stock. We mix them and blend it as smooth as possible. I've used a normal hand blender..
- So just to don't forget, as a step please cook the quinoa, if you haven't done already..
- On a bit of oil sauté the onions over medium heat for a few minutes until they get golden a bit,then add the garlic and the diced tomato, bit of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes..
- Add the carrots, green beans, leek and celery then mix well..
- Poor in the blended Spinach-basil base and add the quinoa to the pot. Season to taste. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Finally, add the zucchini and the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the veggies reached how you like them (super soft or a bit al dente? 😊) finally if needed season again with salt and pepper..
- Finally, serve it!.
- And as I was cooking some notes here what I tried to differently. I definitely need more liquid or less filling as at the end, especially on the next day it looks more like a veggie stew. I also wonder how it could be a bit better looking. Advises welcome! 😊.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and. This is hands down one of my favorite soups I've made yet! It's packed with a ton of healthy food, and is super filling!