Summer Vegetable Ratatouille.
Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
Ingredients of Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
- It's 2 of to 3 Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of to 2 Zucchini.
- It's 2 of Bell peppers (green, red, or yellow).
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 small of Canned tuna (oil-packed).
- It's 1 of Oregano.
- It's 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 of generous amount Coarsely ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
Summer Vegetable Ratatouille step by step
- This time, I used these cooking tomatoes (roma tomatoes.) You could also use regular tomatoes or canned tomatoes..
- I used 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini..
- If the tomato skins bother you, peel them. If you're using cooking tomatoes, the skin won't be a problem. Remove the stem and chop into bite-size pieces..
- Remove the stem from the zucchini and halve lengthwise. Then slice into 1 cm half moons..
- Chop the onion and bell peppers into the same size as the tomatoes..
- Heat a thick-bottomed pot over low heat and add the oil from the tuna can. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add all the vegetables and cook over medium heat. Add the tuna. When all the ingredients are coated with oil, add the oregano and cover the pot and simmer..
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. You don't need to add water since a lot of liquid seeps out from the vegetables..
- When all the ingredients are cooked through and the liquid is reduced, season with salt and pepper..
- I made this one with tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, canned mix beans, and canned tuna. The beans really work well too..
- Here's a variation with cherry tomatoes, zucchini, egg plant, bell peppers, kabocha squash, buna-shimeji mushrooms, onion, and tuna can. Kabocha added some sweetness..