Beer Snacks for Father's Day: Toasted Kamaboko Fish Cakes with Spicy Mentaiko. Kamaboko Fish Cake: Japanese Ingredient Spotlight. Kamaboko is a steamed cake of cooked fish. It is typically made using white fish, or other fish, with the bones and skin, removed.
Ingredients of Beer Snacks for Father's Day: Toasted Kamaboko Fish Cakes with Spicy Mentaiko
- It's 4 1/2 cm of Kamaboko.
- Prepare 3 cm of Kamaboko.
- Prepare 2 of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need 6 of mm Zucchini.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Mentaiko.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Butter.
- It's 1 dash of Soy sauce.
Kamaboko (蒲鉾:かまぼこ) is a type of cured surimi, a processed seafood product common in Japanese cuisine. It is made by forming various pureed deboned white fish with either natural or man-made additives and flavorings into distinctive loaves, which are then steamed until fully cooked and firm. Kamaboko (蒲鉾, かまぼこ), or Japanese fish cake, is both a traditional and processed seafood ingredient used in many dishes in Japanese cuisine. It is made from white fish paste (called surimi) that has been pureed and then steamed, grilled, or fried until fully cooked and firm.
Beer Snacks for Father's Day: Toasted Kamaboko Fish Cakes with Spicy Mentaiko step by step
- Slice the kamaboko with the wooden board intact into 1.5 cm thick, stopping at 5 mm before cutting all the way through..
- Slide the knife between the kamaboko and the board, and lift from the cutting board..
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into thirds, cut the zucchini into 3mm half-circles, line up on parchment paper, coat with olive oil and salt one one side..
- Remove the membrane of the mentaiko, mix with butter (at room temperature) and soy sauce, and spread it on top of the kamaboko..
- Lay the kamaboko onto the same parchment paper from Step 3 with the mentaiko paste facing up, and toast in a toaster oven for roughly 8 minutes..
- Insert the cherry tomatoes into the red kamaboko, stick the zucchini into the white kamaboko, and arrange onto plates..
Krisan the Kamaboko girl giving out samples of yummy Kamaboko Japanese fish cakes at the Mt. Fuji Japanese Rice booth at WOFEX at SMX! Kamaboko, or Japanese fish cake, is steamed, prepared into colorful cylindrical cakes, and sliced. There are several types of Japanese kamaboko (fish cake), which is made from a white fish paste These tomatillo poblano white beans are a warm stew of perfectly creamy beans, tomatillos, spicy. Kamaboko is the cake of the sea.