Tomato and Anchovy filled Red Peppers Sig/*ari*. Stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese. cut peppers in half lengthways take out seeds and membranes,brush with extra oil. Place peppers in ovenproof baking tray and fill with mixture. You can also use a combination of red and yellow peppers for extra colour, but don't use green pepper.
Ingredients of Tomato and Anchovy filled Red Peppers Sig/*ari*
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion,chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic ,crushed.
- You need 1/2 small of eggplant or zucchini,chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of flat leafed parsley,chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped or 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano.
- It's 2 tsp of capers drained and chopped.
- It's 4 of anchovy filets drained and chopped.
- Prepare 4 medium of best Italien plum tomatoes ,chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs,I use wholemeal fresh.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese or Dolcelatte.
- Prepare 2 medium of red peppers cut in half.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil ,extra for brushing.
Make sure the anchovies and cheese have no preservatives added. I used President's Choice garlic-stuffed green olives, which are additive-free. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit Eye For A Recipe. Lightly oil a baking dish in which all the halves will fit comfortably in one layer and set the peppers in the dish, skin-side down.
Tomato and Anchovy filled Red Peppers Sig/*ari* instructions
- heat oil add onion and garlic cook until.onon is soft,add zucchini,capers,herbs,anchovy and tomatoes,cook about 3 minutes ,transfer to a bowl and cool. Stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese..
- cut peppers in half lengthways take out seeds and membranes,brush with extra oil.Place peppers in ovenproof baking tray and fill with mixture .Bake uncovered in moderate oven for about 35-40 minutes until peppers are tender ..
- I have made this a day ahead and the flavours infuse well..
Crostini with sun-dried tomato and anchovy, tuna-stuffed piquillo peppers, and spicy clam pasta with bacon, peas and basil.. a jar of roasted ordinary red peppers are a good substitute.) Serves . Our fresh european crusty roll stuffed w/ delicious meatballs topped w/ pizza sauce & smothered w/ mozzarella, baked to perfection. Spinach, arugula, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, red onions, shredded parmesan w/ balsamic vinaigrette dressing.. Add the tomatoes, salt, sugar, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Cover the pan and increase the heat to medium-high.