Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Heat a dutch oven over medium heat.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It's 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- Prepare 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- It's 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It's 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- It's 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Pierce squash multiple times with a fork. While the soup is cooking, make the ginger cream. Butternut squash is paired with Moroccan ingredients in this creamy, one-pot soup. Fresh carrots and onion are in the mix too, enhancing the color and adding flavor.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
The bisque is seasoned with Moroccan spices and aromatics: coriander, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and garlic. Add squash and broth to pot; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in batches in a regular blender); stir in orange juice and garnish with chives. Moroccan spices pair perfectly with earthy and sweet butternut squash, and when roasted to perfection, the crispy caramelized exterior and fluffy soft interior creates such an awesome texture and depth of flavor that you will think you have died and gone to butternut squash heaven. Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup Photo: Sang An.