Garden Chickpea Salad. For dressing, in a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until aromatic, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. In a bowl, combine chickpeas, carrot, zucchini, green onions, parsley, radishes, cheese and walnuts.
Ingredients of Garden Chickpea Salad
- You need Half of teaspoon cumin seed.
- Prepare of Quarter cup chopped tomato.
- You need of Quarter cup lemon juice.
- You need of Quarter cup olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon salt.
- You need of Quarter teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- You need of Three-quarter cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot Julienned.
- You need 1 of small zucchini Julienned.
- You need 2 of green onions thinly sliced.
- It's Half of cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley.
- You need of Quarter cup thinly sliced radishes.
- You need of Quarter cup crumbled feta cheese.
- It's 3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of We cubs spring mix salad greens.
I love the wide array of colors (and nutrients!) combined with hearty chickpeas. This chickpea salad is loaded with avocado, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese and herbs, all tossed in a Greek style dressing. A healthy chickpea salad is a great addition to any barbecue, pot luck or picnic! Make it in advance for a party or picnic or to take along as an easy weekday lunch for work or school.
Garden Chickpea Salad instructions
- For dressing in a dry small skillet toast cumin seeds over medium heat until Aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the tomato, Lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper..
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, carrots, zucchini, sliced green onions, parsley, radishes, cheese and walnuts. Stir in 1/3 cup dressing..
- To serve, divide salad greens between two plates; top with the chickpea mixture. Drizzle with remaining dressing..
This tasty Gardèn Vèggiè Chickpèa Salad Sandwich is a plant-basèd powèrhousè of a lunch! Makè it in advancè for a party or picnic or to takè along as an èasy wèèkday lunch for work or school. Chickpea Salad combines all of my favorite fresh vegetables in one delicious bite. Chickpeas are combined with juicy tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers and creamy avocados all tossed in an easy homemade lemon kissed dressing. In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, onion, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.