Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad. Store in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator and bring the vegetables to room temperature before using. The dressing is very simple - it's on the sweeter side thanks to the honey, but I think it goes really well with the roast vegetables. As always, add all ingredients to a little jar, shake up and pour over.
Ingredients of Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad
- You need of For the roasted veg:.
- You need 3 of small zucchini, sliced in 2/3" thick pieces on the bias.
- It's 2 of very small sweet yellow onions cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- Prepare half of a large red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces.
- It's 1 of medium shallot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt,.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1.5 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's of For the dressing:.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- It's 1 of small clove garlic, grated.
- It's 10 sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.).
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need of few turns of fresh black pepper.
- You need of another 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (give or take).
And as it will last for at least three days in the fridge, it is also perfect for tucking into lunch boxes through the week. Place the onion and vegetables on the tray and toss with oil. Cut the squash vertically down the center and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomato, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 425F..
- Toss all the roasted vegetable components together in a large mixing bowl to ensure that the seasonings are evenly distributed..
- Put all the vegetables on a single layer on a baking sheet or sheet pan and roast on center rack of oven for 15 minutes, then move to top rack of oven for 5 minutes..
- Put the roasted veg back into the mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients, and toss or fold gently several times to ensure all seasonings are evenly distributed..
- Enjoy! :).
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently blend into the salad. While steamed vegetables are definitely not bad there is no comparison to a good roasted vegetable! Make sure the vegetables each have their own "space" and aren't overlapping with each other. Find healthy, delicious vegetable salad recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. "Use a Spoon" Chopped Salad. Simple roasted cauliflower gets tossed in lemony dressing with toasted almonds, olives, parsley and tangy feta in this bright-tasting and easy side salad.