Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly This easy vegetarian stuffed zucchini recipe includes artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crispy Parmesan cheese and panko topping. Stuffed zucchini is one of the first recipes I made myself.
Ingredients of Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants
- It's 1 cup of rice (3/4 American, 1/4 Egyptian).
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- It's 6 cloves of garlic diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of big ripe tomato diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1 tsp of dried mint.
- You need 10 of zucchinis (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 10 of eggplants (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 5 of squash (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 1 of lemon.
Wash the eggplant well--do not peel. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, green pepper, zucchini, garlic and the reserved eggplant until tender. Recipe for Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant with chickpeas, pine nuts, tomatoes, onion, garlic, herbs and spices.
Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants step by step
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- The stuffing: Dice the onions, the garlic and mix it with the rice, cinnamon, sweet pepper and salt. You can add a tablespoon of cooking oil..
- Stuff the vegetables but keep 1/4 empty.
- In a pot, put some oil and add the tomato sauce.. Stir around till it turns orange-like.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and stir and then add the lemon juice and the dried mint.
- Remove from the heat and start placing the stuffed vegetables..
- Fill with water until the vegetables are under 1cm of water..
- Put back on high heat until boil and then set the heat to medium.. The dish should be ready in 30 to 45 minutes..
Delicious seasonal veggies like squash, pumpkin and eggplant often make an appearance at the Sukkot table. They are stuffed with a variety of fillings- usually meat or rice- to symbolize a. Add the peppers, zucchini, garlic and tomatoes. This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is This recipe is perfect for summer when zucchini is cheaply available and it's too hot to turn on the oven! Stuffed veggies are always a great vegetarian.