Simple Sautéed Zucchini. This easy, quick-sautéed zucchini is the perfect side dish for those nights. It's full of flavor, and the zucchini slightly caramelizes as it cooks in the cast-iron pan. Tonight my dh requested zucchini, and I knew that he would want something simple.
Ingredients of Simple Sautéed Zucchini
- It's 3 each of Small zucchini (used organic).
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic (whole) I plan to pick out for other dishes, but want the flavor!.
- Prepare 3 each of Pepperoncini.
- It's 1 of as needed Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil. Feel free to add more!.
As with all zucchini recipes, sauteed zucchini tastes best when fresh zucchini is in season. Salt brings out the flavor of food, especially in otherwise bland foods, like zucchini. Need a healthy side dish in a hurry? Round out the dinner menu with one of our favorite one-dish wonders: Sautéed Squash and Zucchini.
Simple Sautéed Zucchini step by step
- Combine sliced zucchini, garlic and pepperoncini in a pan with virgine olive oil..
- Do not stir too much, or your zucchini will turn into mush. If you want them golden and in the mean while, you will need to pay attention. Flip once they are golden on one side..
- That's it. You know have the basics for making Italian food, better than any restaurant in town. If you want to add this dish to pasta, increase oil and use penne. There is a reason there are so many types of pasta- but I will leave it for another day ;).
It pairs well with protein, so serve it alongside mains like grilled chicken, steak, or fish. Sautéed zucchini is a quick, easy, and healthy side dish. I love this version with zucchini cooked with garlic and butter. You only need five minutes of cooking time, and it's time to eat! The Best Easy Sautéed Squash and Zucchini Recipe - delicious keto sautéed squash and zucchini - perfect alongside any dinner.