Potato Salad With Lots of Zucchini. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Fold zucchini and parsley into potato salad. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Ingredients of Potato Salad With Lots of Zucchini
- It's 3 of Potatoes.
- It's 1 of Zucchini.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 can of Canned tuna.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Vinegar or lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of to 1/2 tablespoon Grainy mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Maple syrup (or honey or sweet chili sauce).
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of few Capers (to taste).
The zucchini potato recipe takes minutes to put together which is especially handy during holidays when you need to prepare lots of food but don't wish to spend the whole If you make my Zucchini And Potato Gratin, snap a picture and post it on Instagram with a hashtag #lavenderandmacarons. This is the only salt added in the recipe and we were afraid it would be bland, but. Zucchini stands in for potatoes in this low-carb makeover of the classic summer fave, potato salad. All of the creamy flavor, and (almost) none of the carbs!
Potato Salad With Lots of Zucchini instructions
- Cut the potatoes into easy to eat pieces, and boil in slightly salted water..
- When the potatoes cooked through drain them well, add the vinegar (or lemon juice) while still hot, and return the the pan and shake around to distribute the vinegar..
- Slice the onion with a slicer, and put into a bowl of water..
- Slice the zucchini with a slicer..
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and put in the zucchini slices. When it comes to a boil again drain and put the zucchini in cold water, and drain again immediately.
- Squeeze out the onion and zucchini tightly to expel as much moisture as possible. Chop up the capers if you are using them. Drain the oil from the tuna..
- Mix the potatoes, onions, zucchini, tuna, mayonnaise, grainy mustard, maple syrup and capers in a bowl..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to finish..
I use russet potatoes instead of red potatoes and lots of chopped onions. I have never added the chives but I think they would be a yummy addition! When cool enough to handle, peel if desired and cut into large pieces, leaving any small. There's nothing simpler than this salad; the only thing I dressed it with was olive oil and lemon juice (and salt, pepper, and parsley), proving once Begin with a couple of zucchini. And I know it's not zucchini season, but if I wait until my garden is overrun with zucchini before I start to post recipes.