Hearty Vegetarian Chilli. This meatless chili is packed with so much classic chili flavor that you won't even notice that there's no meat! I throw all the ingredients together at once into a crockpot, except for the garlic cloves, I put those in last on top. This takes me five minutes to prepare for cooking.
Ingredients of Hearty Vegetarian Chilli
- Prepare 200 g of vegetarian mince meat alternative,.
- It's 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, (400g),.
- It's 1 of orange or red bell pepper, chopped finely, seeds removed,.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, chopped very finely,.
- It's 1 of courgette, chopped finely,.
- You need 3 of salad tomatoes, chopped,.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, chopped finely,.
- It's 1 of medium hot fresh red chilli, seeds removed, chopped finely,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato pureé paste,.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder,.
- You need 1 tsp of hot chilli powder, or to taste,.
- You need 1 of level tsp ground cumin,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon,.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp smoked paprika,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of vinegar,.
- It's 1 of vegetable stock cube,.
- It's 400 ml of water,.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornflour, mixed into 3 tbsp cold water,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need of Cooking Oil for frying.
- It's of Serving suggestions:.
- It's of White rice,.
- You need of Grated cheese,.
- Prepare 1 of dollop of quark or soured cream,.
- It's of Chopped spring onions,.
- You need of Extra Red chilli flakes,.
- It's of Tortilla wraps.
Vegetarian cremini mushroom, black bean, and corn chili from Laila Ali's new book, Food for Life. There may be numerous schools of chili out there, but no matter what regional style you subscribe to. As a lifelong vegetarian, veggie chili has always been one of my go-to meals. These Vegetarian Chili Burgers are made with a trio of hearty beans seasoned with smoky spices and smothered with a flavorful chipotle sauce.
Hearty Vegetarian Chilli step by step
- Heat up a large saucepan over a medium heat and add in a bit of oil to fry the onions. Add the onions and also the vinegar. Fry gently until they begin to soften. Add in the mince meat alternative and the tomato pureé paste, season well with salt and pepper. Stir to get it coated in the oil and fry for around two minutes..
- Add in the water and the vegetable stock by crumbling it in. Stir gently then turn down the heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the cocoa powder, stir through until dissolved and the sauce turns a dark rich brown colour..
- Add in the dried spices next, so the cumin, cinnamon, chilli powder and smoked paprika. I find it best to add in a bit of chilli powder first, taste it, then add more accordingly to your own personal preference. I like mine pretty hot so add 1tsp!.
- Stir the spices through and then add in the chopped carrots. Place a lid over and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once that time has elapsed, add in the tomatoes, courgette and pepper. Stir really well to get everything incorporated well then return to a simmer with a lid on. Simmer low and slow for 1 hour 30 to 2 hours. Cooking the chilli nice and slowly gives the sauce more depth of flavour..
- At the end of cooking, dilute the cornflour with a tiny bit of cold water then pour it in and stir through to thicken up the sauce. Add in fresh chilli at the end to taste. Simmer for a few more minutes so the fresh chilli infuses with the sauce then remove from the heat. Season with more salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve up with your choice of sides and enjoy! :).
These veggie burgers are super tasty and freezer-friendly. Onions, green bell peppers, vegetable oil, mustard seeds, chili powder, cumin seeds, cocoa powder, cinnamon, tomatoes, canned, red kidney beans, tomato paste, carrots, mushrooms. A hearty recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and yields a ton of food with minimal work, this award wining vegan chili is impossible not to love. Nothing beats a good vegetarian chili recipe…except for five unique and delicious vegetarian chili recipes, that is! Corn tortillas are also a great accompaniment for a hearty dish like this one.