Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes). Hello guys Hope you all are good and enjoying the lockdown with your family members. Try this healthy oats and beetroot cheela for your breakfast. I doubled the batch when I made it.
Ingredients of Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes)
- You need 1 Cup of powdered Oats.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Buckwheat flour(millets or Ragi flour can also be used).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped Methi leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thinly sliced Zucchini, bell peppers etc.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped onions.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies (optional).
- You need as required of coriander leaves.
- It's to taste of Salt.
If you can't buy oat flour locally you can make it by processing rolled oats or just go ahead and use the rolled oats as is. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. These no-dye vegan and gluten free green pancakes taste delicious. Your kids won't know there's spinach in it!
Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes) instructions
- Mix Oats, Buckwheat flour, onions and chillies with some water. Stir and make a Dosa batter consistency. Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Keep a pan on high flame till it’s hot. Brush some oil. Spread a ladle of the batter on the hot tawa/pan..
- Place thin zucchini/veggies slices on top and lower the flame. Flip and cook both sides till crisp and golden..
- For dip - grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and jeera powder, amchur powder and salt in a grinder jar. Add some water to adjust the consistency..
- Serve golden crisp cheela with this dip/chutney and crunchy cucumbers and lettuce..
Thanks to buckwheat flour, these delicious buckwheat pancakes have a light and tender texture with a delicate, nutty flavor. Making a batch of buckwheat pancakes is just as simple as making regular pancakes. Simply swap buckwheat flour in for all-purpose flour and you are on your way. Try these for a quick and easy light meal for the family, or as a warm snack to prepare for the kids after they come home from a busy day at school. Chilla is a savory pancake Few more Oats recipes already posted in the blog are Oats upma, Oats dosa, Oats idli and Oats.