Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables. This fresh vegetable medley makes a batch, but it freezes well. Everything is sauteed in batches and then mixed together and chilled or served warm. "My favorite way to serve this ratatouille is with crepes. I also add a mixed green salad on the side, and some French bread with butter.
Ingredients of Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables
- Prepare 1 large of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper (red or yellow).
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It's of Summer vegetables of your choice.
- It's 1/2 of eggplant, 1/2 zucchini I used eggplant and zucchini.
- You need 1 of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of Grated cheese (optional).
- It's of Condiments.
- You need 150 of to 200 ml Vegetable juice.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper (preferably black pepper).
- You need 1 of Consomme soup stock cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of Grated garlic (or garlic powder).
- You need 1 of Herbs of your choice (basil and oregano).
From Provence in the south of France, this simple recipe sings with summer vegetables - eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and tomato. Guillaume likes to cook the vegetables separately first, then combine them to cook to a glorious creamy stew that reminds him of childhood summers spent in Provence. Put all the beautiful summer vegetables in a dish and bake it. Ratatouille is a traditional French stew of summer vegetables.
Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables step by step
- Dice the vegetables into preferred sizes. Slice the eggplant into rounds..
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add all vegetables except for the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over medium heat..
- When soft, add tomato and condiments. Simmer over medium heat..
- Simmer to reduce until all the liquid evaporates. Done. Sprinkle grated cheese if you wish..
- Note: Ratatouille goes really well with bread or pasta. Also works with fish or meat..
- Note: Here's a variation; I served it with boiled chicken (and grated cheese)..
Chef Glenn shows you how to make and dehydrate this backpacking recipe. Ratatouille is a traditional French dish of stewed summer vegetables featuring eggplant, onions, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes—perfectly seasoned with. This classy summer vegetable casserole layers thinly sliced summer squash and tomatoes over jammy red onions that have been laced with a hit of Get more ratatouille-inspired recipes: • Grilled Ratatouille Casserole • Ratatouille with Chickpeas and Fresh Corn • Greek-Inspired Ratatouille. Ratatouille uses common vegetables, the zucchini, bell peppers and tomato are available year round here in Southern California. Ratatouille, a rustic farm to table style dish is made even heartier with the addition of chickpeas.