Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters. This crustless tofu quiche is so tasty and easy to prepare that you may come to prefer it over the heavy egg-and-cheese variety. Transfer half of the onion mixture to the container of a food processor along with the tofu and curry and process until smooth. In a mixing bowl, combine the blended tofu.
Ingredients of Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters
- It's 1 of sheet Frozen pie crust.
- It's of Egg Mixture:.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- You need 200 grams of Silken tofu.
- It's 30 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 of Grated cheese.
- It's 1 dash of Consomme soup stock granules.
- It's 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Fillings:.
- You need 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- It's 1/2 of Onion.
- It's 3 slice of Bacon or ham.
- It's 1 of Spinach, eggplant, zucchini etc..
- You need 1 dash of Butter or margarine.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Making a vegan quiche without tofu seems to involve a mixture made with pure chickpea flour. And my delicate sensibilities just cannot handle that onslaught of chickpea flour flavor. Tofu has been rising in popularity as people are becoming more interested plant-based options and House Foods America is making than ever to enjoy this superfood. This Easy Oven Baked Tofu is so crazy yummy, tasty and addictive, you'll soon find yourself popping it like potato chips!
Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Let the frozen pie crust thaw to room temperature. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place a light weight on top to squeeze out the moisture..
- Spread out the pie sheet into the pie dish, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and place the pie weights on top. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the 200°C oven..
- While the crust is baking, cut all of the filling ingredients into 1cm sized pieces and lightly saute. If that's too much work, you don't have to saute them!.
- Put the drained tofu into a bowl and use a whisk to mix it until smooth..
- Add the egg mixture and remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir..
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust until about 2/3 filled, and smooth it out. Don't put in the filling ingredients first!.
- Place the filling ingredients on top of the egg mixture. (In the picture, I used 1/2 onion, 1 small eggplant, 1/2 zucchini, and 2 slices of bacon. 1 slice of quiche = 100 calories.).
- Cover with the remaining egg mixture and flatten it out. Drop the quiche 2 or 3 times from a distance of about 10 cm to release the air pockets..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the 200°C oven and enjoy!.
As a rule, we've never had success with tofu - DH is a reasonable cook (better than me) but even his results with tofu suck. Find healthy, delicious quick & easy tofu recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. This healthy grain bowl packs in the greens with peas, asparagus and a creamy yogurt dressing. Tofu adds protein while keeping it vegetarian, but you could also swap in cooked shrimp or chicken for a. Make a big batch and enjoy this healthy breakfast all week long..