Summer Squash Scramble. Summer Squash Scrambled Eggs. by: savorthis. Summer squash come in many varieties—yellow, green, white—and all manner of shapes and sizes, including crookneck and straightneck. You can eat them whole, soft seeds and rind included, since.
Ingredients of Summer Squash Scramble
- Prepare 3 of eggs large.
- It's 2 of egg whites large.
- It's 150 g of Zucchini Courgette / * (chopped) / 5 oz..
- Prepare 100 g of bacon lean medallions** (chopped) / 3½ oz..
- It's 100 g of onions (chopped) / 3½ oz..
- It's 100 g of cherry tomatoes (quartered) / 3½ oz..
- You need ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- It's of summer squash * or any other.
- Prepare of ** or lean gammon (cubed).
It will be full of local seasonal veggies like cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, lettuce, green beans, carrots, fresh herbs and of course these squash! So save yourself the hassle of going to a farmers. See the whole set of printables here: Summer Word Searches and Summer Word Puzzles. Use our special 'Click to Print' button to send only the image to your printer.
Summer Squash Scramble instructions
- Microwave the onion for 1½ minute..
- Spray a fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on a medium to high heat..
- Add the onions and Zucchini. Fry off for 2 minutes before adding the bacon..
- When the bacon is nearly cooked add the tomatoes..
- As the tomatoes begin to soften create three pockets in the mix to expose the base of the pan..
- Spray the pockets with Spray2Cook. Crack an egg in each pocket and top up with the egg whites..
- Let the egg whites begin to set before stirring them into the mixing without breaking the yolks..
- As the whites harden off crack the yolks, stir in and allow to firm up before adding the pepper and serving..
Summer Squash Fritters With Garlic Dipping Sauce. Yes it is indeed a trick;this magic trick, or more accurately science trick, has been used for centuries by magicians (as well as a few less-than-honest people) to fool others into thinking they've been put into. Use roasted veggies (squash, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.) in place of the chicken, and instead of chicken stock, use vegetable stock or water. Acorn squash needs careful storage, especially if they are not home-grown. Learn how to select and store your store-bought acorn winter squash.