Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken. This recipe consists of perfectly cooked spaghetti with buttery fried chicken, smothered in a creamy, garlicky mushroom, roasted zucchini and parsley sauce. Your life will not be complete without a set of these super cool meal dices, it comes in a branded enamel mug for safe keeping and it only costs. Cook spaghetti according the package instructions, and combine all ingredients together in the skillet: cooked spaghetti, cooked chicken, cooked zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients of Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken
- It's 400 g of chicken breast (diced) / 14 oz ..
- You need 500 g of zucchini courgette / / 17½ oz ..
- You need 250 g of Carrot / 9 oz ..
- It's 250 g of yellow onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- It's 250 g of mushroom (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- It's 100 g of peppers mixed (sliced) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 100 g of scallions spring onions / / 3½ oz ..
- You need . 100 fl of stock (veg, chicken or mixed) ml / 4 oz ..
- Prepare . 62.5 fl of dry white wine * ml / 2 oz . (½ glass).
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard wholegrain.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- It's pinch of chili dried flakes.
- It's 4 tablespoons of low fat crème fraîche.
- You need 1 small handful of basil chopped fresh (preferred).
- It's or 1 tablespoons of basil of dried.
- It's of Spray2Cook - any low - cal . non - stick cook ’ s oil spray.
Ever since I was a child, pasta was a notorious weakness of mine. If you love zucchini then try these chicken zucchini fritters. Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini "spaghetti" for the garnish. Keeping the stack together, use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini into long strips.
Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken instructions
- Cut the Zucchini and carrots into very thin long strips – ideally using a mandolin – gauge 3.5 mm / ⅛ inch..
- Microwave: the Zucchini for 4 minutes; and the carrots, onions and peppers for 6 minutes (adding the mushroom for the last 2 minutes) – set all the vegetables aside..
- Put a large lidded fry pan on medium to high heat and spray with Spray2Cook. When the Spray2Cook is bubbling “stir fry” to cook the chicken until the meat is opaque (about 3 minutes)..
- Re-spray well with Spray2Cook to prevent the chicken sticking. Deglaze the pan with the wine..
- Add the microwaved vegetables (leave any liquid produced by the zucchini behind) spray with Spray2Cook whilst turning over with a spoon to mix..
- Add half the stock, the chili flakes, mustard, and crème fraîche. Add more stock if needed to keep everything moist and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes and let the sauce begin to thicken..
- Cut the thickest piece of chicken in half to ensure it is cooked through and continue to cook if not. When the chicken is ready stir in most of the basil and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 minute until the aroma of the basil sweetens the air. Serve in warmed bowls and garnish with the remaining basil..
Slice the reserved cooked carrots into rounds and return them to the soup. Thai Chicken Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles, a healthier, low-carb version of the classic Spaghetti and Meatballs! Grab the Inspiralizer and follow along! The Best Healthy Zucchini Spaghetti Recipes on Yummly Spaghetti With Peas, Zucchini And Ricotta, Quick Tomato And Zucchini Spaghetti, Spaghetti With Zucchini And Pine Nut Pesto.