Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. Ratatouille is a treat for film lovers. The animationis absolutely beautiful, especially the scenery of Paris which evoked awes from the audience.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- It's 1 lb of eggplant (1 medium) peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 medium of red onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- It's 2 medium of zucchini or summer squash (cut intio 1/2 inch cubes).
- It's 28 oz of diced tomatoes, drained but reserve 1/3 cup of juice.
- It's 5 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/9 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts.
Ratatouille step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients in a 9x13 inch pan and toss to coat. Bake in the dish for about 1 hour, stirring halfway through..
- After cooking, sprinkle with red win vinegar and pine nuts..
- To toast pine nuts: In a small dry skillet, toast over medium heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning..
- (From "Cover and Bake" from America's Test Kitchen).