Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry. Stir-fry the shrimp until pink and just cooked and remove. Use oil left in pan and sauté the ginger root and green onions until fragrant. It's a very simple, quick and easy meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry
- Prepare 1 of Large bag of medium shrimp, peeled and no tails.
- Prepare 1 medium of Sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 large of Zucchini, diced.
- It's 3 of green onions, chopped.
- It's 6 of Baby portobella mushrooms, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of diced garlic.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin for sauteing.
- You need 1 can of mini corns, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 can of bean sprouts or 1/3 cup fresh bean sprouts.
- It's 1 packages of Super firm Tofu, cubed (bought mine cubed already).
- It's 1 of Bottle of Orange Sauce, any brand will do.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It's 1 can of water chestnuts, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 packages of Broccoli slaw.
Place the tofu in paper towels or a double thickness of cheesecloth. Press gently to extract as much moisture as possible. Push mixture from the center of the wok or skillet. Stir-fries are like salads: you can put almost whatever in it and it will be a quick, healthy, delish meal.
Shrimp and Tofu Stir-Fry step by step
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and let heat. Then add your onion, garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Saute until tender-crisp..
- Add your broccoli slaw, Sesame seeds, soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, and Tofu. Let the slaw become tender..
- When the ingredients are nice and soft; add shrimp. Be sure to mix the shrimp together so it can cook evenly! Let cook until almost all the way pink. Then add the Orange sauce!.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat! Serve with your choice of side! We had ours with rice!.
I've put in my favorite veggies into this recipe, but please feel free to substitute whatever hearty vegetables you have on hand. Growing up, my father even put iceberg lettuce in the mix. Its important that you prep all the ingredients. It's so flavorful, high in protein, and much healthier than Chinese takeout. Braised Crispy Tofu with Shrimp - The tofu is cooked until crispy and then braised in chicken stock.