Indonesian Vegetable Yellow Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian). If you like exploring different vegetarian and vegan Thai food recipes at home, you'll definitely want to give this simple and easy yellow Thai curry recipe What makes this simple homemade vegan curry recipe so easy and quick to prepare is that there is no need to use a store-bought or pre-made curry. Vegan Sayur Lemak is a simplified and veganised version of the traditional light coconut curry Sayur Lemak Serani is a vegetarian coconut curry from Singapore, lighter than its Malay and Indonesian counterparts. Sayur = Vegetables Lemak = Cream (here, it refers to the the coconut milk).
Ingredients of Indonesian Vegetable Yellow Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- You need of The Curry Paste.
- You need 10 gms of Candlenuts (3 Candlenuts).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- It's 3 of Shallots.
- Prepare 30 gms of Fresh Tumeric.
- It's 1 Stick of Lemongrass peeled.
- It's 1 tbs of Ginger.
- You need 1 tbs of Galangal.
- It's 1 of Small Thai red chili (seeds removed).
- Prepare of Produce.
- It's 1 of Zucchini.
- It's 1 of Medium Eggplant.
- Prepare 80 gms of Enoki Mushrooms.
- You need 80 gms of Shimeji Mushrooms.
- It's 1 of Couple of Handfuls of Beanshoots.
- You need of Corriander for garnish.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 3 of Cloves.
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 150 gms of Firm Tofu (cut into small blocks).
- Prepare 1 of x 270ml Can Coconut Cream.
- It's 750 ml of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Oil.
I've made it for years and the If you're looking for more vegan and vegetarian recipes, I have plenty 🙂 Cheers! Stir up a flavourful vegan curry for a substantial family meal. Our meat-free recipes include aromatic Indian and Thai curries packed with Ditch the meat and pack lots of veggies into a range of vibrant, plant-based curry dishes from fragrant and chunky chickpea dhals to spicy potato one-pots. This curry is along the lines of "throw it all in the pot and walk away" and that is the best kind of dinner in my opinion.
Indonesian Vegetable Yellow Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) step by step
- Peel the Paste ingredients & Place all the ingredients for the paste in the food processor & blend until paste consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pot or wok, add the paste ingredients, Cinnamon stick and Cloves and fry for a minute..
- Add the pumpkin, zucchini and mushroom and stir (coating the vegetables)..
- Add the coconut cream and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Just before serving, add the tofu..
- Serve and garnish with beanshoots & corriander.
I recommend using Mae Ploy Yellow. In this Thai yellow curry, the vegetables can be of your choice. I added carrots, baby corn, button mushrooms, red bell pepper and Thai brinjals. You need to make the Thai yellow curry paste for the curry. the color yellow comes from the addition of turmeric. Please use thick coconut milk for the.