Stuffed Quesadilla. Greens-Stuffed, Cheese-Stuffed Quesadilla. by: Sarah Jampel. Repeat until you've used all of the tortillas. Veggie dilla(jalapeno,green onions and roasted red peppers) inside a chicken dilla topped with chips, cheddar cheese, queso dip and veggies.
Ingredients of Stuffed Quesadilla
- It's of Quesadilla.
- Prepare 1/4 of zucchini, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow squash, thinly sliced.
- It's 1/2 cup of eggplant, thinly sliced.
- It's 1/2 cup of white rice.
- It's 1 tsp of green onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeño, finely chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely grated cheese (cheddar, white, Monterey Jack, or a blend all work well).
- You need 1 tsp of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of fajita or burrito sized tortilla shell (I love the Mission brand).
- Prepare 1 of sour cream.
Waffled Quesadillas from Delish.com make for a fast weeknight dinner. Using your waffle iron to make quesadillas is the most genius move of all time. You get an extra crispy tortilla in no time flat. The quesadilla tortillas should get some dark spots and crispy.
Stuffed Quesadilla step by step
- Slice zucchini, squash, eggplant, or whatever vegetables you want to use into thin slices. Finely chop green onion and cilantro..
- I sort of cheated in this recipe - I had leftover basmati rice with peas and cilantro cooked up in a vegetable broth which was killer - I'm sure plain white rice would be just as good however! Either way, cook up about 1/2 to 1 cup rice..
- Heat up olive oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat, and add your vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. After a couple minutes, add the jalapeño, green onion, and cilantro, and toss everything to coat..
- After everything has softened a bit, add your rice and get everything nice and blended. Remove from heat, set aside, and add your cheese..
- In the same pan, add vegetable oil. Add the tortilla shell (make sure there is a thin layer of oil depending on the size pan you use), and place the vegetable/rice mixture on half of the tortilla. Top with chopped cilantro. Fold over the other half and fry for about one to two minutes or until looking golden..
- Flip and cook another couple minutes until the other half is nicely golden as well..
- Remove from pan and top with sour cream and cilantro for garnish and enjoy!.
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious chicken quesadilla. Perfect for family dinners or for packing in school lunches. Thankfully, there are quesadillas to solve this problem. Easy to cook and beloved by all, quesadillas are the solution for even the pickiest palette. Stuff your quesadilla with a blend of chopped spinach, red onions, Kalamata olives, feta cheese crumbles and mozzarella cheese.