Black Bean and Veggie Quesadillas. These avocado black bean quesadillas are filling and make a great vegetarian meal too! I called them "hearty" black bean quesadillas because they are surprisingly filling. I hastily ate two How to Freeze Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas: Just fill and fold your quesadillas, but before you Next chop the veggies.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Veggie Quesadillas
- Prepare 15.5 oz of can black beans.
- Prepare 2 of medium zucchini.
- It's 4 cups of fresh spinach.
- It's 15.5 oz of canned corn or one ear fresh corn.
- You need 1 bag of colby jack shredded cheese.
- It's 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare pinch of cayenne (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of water.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 package of wheat flour tortillas.
- It's 3 tsp of cilantro.
- Prepare of Spray Oil.
Throw in the black beans and you have yourself a delicious filling packed. Add black beans to the veggie mixture. Smash beans lightly with a fork. Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked.
Black Bean and Veggie Quesadillas step by step
- Drain and rinse beans and corn. If using fresh corn peel then cut kernels from cob..
- Rinse and grate zucchini..
- Rinse and chop spinach and cilantro..
- In skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and cayenne. Cook until zucchini is semi-soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add corn and spinach. Cover and cook til tender. Stirring occasionally, about another 5 minutes..
- Add beans to veggie mixture and stir to combine. Smash beans lightly and add water to make a veggie paste..
- Season with black pepper and add cilantro..
- Take one tortilla spread paste on one half then top with cheese. Fold tortilla over and press lightly to flatten..
- Spray skilet with pan oil. Cook on medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or golden brown on both sides..
- Cut and top with favorite toppings. Plain yougrt or sour cream, salsa, avocado. Serve while hot..
Learn how to make Veggie and black bean quesadillas & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. It's a crowd-pleaser for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Reviews for: Photos of Black Bean Quesadillas. Nothing wrong with vegetarians besides the whole not eating meat thing. These vegan black bean quesadillas replace the traditional cheese filling with pureed great Northern beans, nutritional yeast, and lots of spices for a tasty Mexican-inspired meal.