Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2. Doenjang jjigae (된장찌개) is a staple Korean stew made with doenjang (된장), fermented soybean paste. It is one of the most representative dishes Doenjang is essential in Korean cuisine, and every Korean home has it all year round along with other staple condiments such as gochujang (fermented. Learn how to make staple Korean stew - doenjang jjigae (Korean soybean paste stew) at home.
Ingredients of Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2
- It's 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of medium zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise then cut into roughly 3/4-inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves peeled and smashed.
- You need 1 of small jalapeño, cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- Prepare of Optional: 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of pork shoulder, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of dwenjang (Korean miso) or Japanese miso.
- It's of Optional: 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes) or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne for added heat.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 3 cups of water or unsalted stock.
- It's of Optional: 1/2 brick of tofu cut into 1/2” cubes.
Doenjang-jjigae (Korean: 된장찌개; Korean: [twen.dʑaŋ.t͈ɕi.ɡɛ]), referred in English as soybean paste stew, is a Korean traditional jjigae (stew-type dish), made from the primary ingredient of doenjang (soybean paste), and additional optional ingredients vegetables, seafood, and meat. Learn how to make authentic Korean soybean paste stew called "Doenjang Jjigae", the ultimate Korean comfort stew with vegetables Doenjang Jjigae (Korean soybean paste stew) reminds me of my father. As I recollect, he loved this stew. Dwenjang is darker in colour, chunkier, and I find it to be saltier.
Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2 instructions
- Put all ingredients in a small pot..
- Add water or stock..
- Turn heat on to medium high and bring to a boil. This will take about 15 minutes. (See next pic.).
- Turn heat down to medium, put lid on askew, and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. If you want tofu and/or potatoes, this is the time to add them with a good pinch of salt to adjust the seasoning for the water they're going to release..
- That's it. Enjoy!.
If you're desperate to make this soup and absolutley don't have a Korean market, you can use miso but it will be different! Doenjang Jjigae, is a hearty Korean stew loaded with vegetables, mushrooms and garlic and redolent of garlic. Doenjang Jjigae (된장 찌개) is not much to look at, and it's often called Korean miso soup, but that is really doing it a disservice as the two are nothing alike. Easy Korean Potato Pancakes (Gamja Jeon) Recipe. This is a perfect appetiser, side dish, and snack!