Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup. One Pot Moroccan Chicken Stew with Sweet Potato & Couscous. Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, butternut squash, lentils, and salt and pepper.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It's 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- It's 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- It's 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- You need 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Stir in chopped basil and orange rind. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs. Bright butternut squash gives beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber to this satisfying homemade soup.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
Serve it for dinner or—if you can't wait—lunch. Butternut squash soup is a comforting fall recipe. The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash, fiber-rich beans and plenty of leafy green kale makes this a complete meal. I started making this hearty soup a few years ago after my son James was born. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple.