Bacon Fried Zucchini. Add bacon to skillet fry until crispy and golden brown remove and set aside Rinse dry and Slice onion and zucchini in to thin slices Add sliced zucchini and onions to skillet with bacon drippings over medium heat. Once onion is softened, add squash and zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients of Bacon Fried Zucchini
- Prepare 2 of zucchini; 1/3" half moons.
- Prepare 8 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Coat the zucchini with cooking spray. Crispy Parmesan Fried Zucchini are savory parmesan and panko coated zucchini bites. They will quickly become a favorite for an easy and crowd-pleasing snack, appetizer or side dish! If you love zucchini, but you are looking for an alternative to frying, try Baked Zucchini Fries or Roasted Parmesan Garlic Zucchini Spears.
Bacon Fried Zucchini instructions
- Roast bacon on a sheet tray at 400° for approximately 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Alternatively, dice bacon and render fat in a large saute pan, and remove crisped bacon..
- Heat the rendered bacon fat in a large saute pan. Add zucchini and dried spices. Saute on medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes or until zucchini is caramelized and tender..
- Toss with bacon..
- Variations; applewood seasoning, citrus, mustard, horseradish, potato, celery root.
Zucchini is sliced into rounds, breaded in a Parmesan-breadcrumb coating, and "fried" in the oven for less of a stovetop mess and a lighter calorie load. This no-fuss veggie is a great side dish with everything from chicken to fish to burgers, or a terrific appetizer as is or with ranch or another dip of your choosing. Even the fried onion rings which didn't take the batter as well as the zucchini were yummy! I did double the breading recipe since I had more zucchini than the recipe called for and used half cornmeal, half italian seasoned bread crumbs with the normal, proportional amount of flour. In a large bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, cayenne and season generously with black pepper.