Zucchini, Egg, and Cheese Toast. I used cooking spray instead of oil and added garlic and italian herbs. Poured the egg mixture over the zucchini topped with a little mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and cooked till done. I served it with toast made from Buttermilk Seed Bread from this site.
Ingredients of Zucchini, Egg, and Cheese Toast
- It's 1/4 of zucchini, shredded (about 1/2 to 2/3 cup).
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped shallot.
- It's 1 of to 2 eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 slice of of bread.
- It's of salt and pepper.
And make a portable yet flavorful breakfast for them like this? Line the inside and bottom of the muffin tin with zucchini strips, to form a crust. Sprinkle ham and cherry tomatoes inside each crust. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, heavy, cream, oregano, and red pepper flakes then season with salt and pepper.
Zucchini, Egg, and Cheese Toast instructions
- Shred zucchini with a grater. Use a paper towel and ring out excess water from shredded zucchini..
- Beat egg(s) in a small bowl, add a tiny bit water and stir in..
- Put chopped shallots, shredded zucchini, shredded cheese, salt and pepper, and any herbs to taste into the small bowl with the beaten eggs..
- Toast the piece of bread until slightly golden, not fully toasted..
- Turn oven to broil, put the zucchini mixture on the toast, and broil 6-8 minutes or until golden brown on top..
Pour egg mixture over ham and tomatoes then. Zucchini is coming into season right now where I live in Columbus, Ohio. Zucchini signals the official start of summer and all the other vegetables that are on the way. Zucchini makes life a little easier in my professional kitchen (it takes almost no time to prep); it brings endless. Season with salt and pepper and top with the sliced cheese.