Leek and Courgette Filo Pie. The Best Vegetarian Filo Pie Recipes on Yummly Sesame Filo Pie, Spiced Squash Filo Pie, Mushroom & Leek Filo Pie. This classic Greek leek phyllo pie recipe works wonderfully as an appetizer, snack, side dish, or main dish.
Ingredients of Leek and Courgette Filo Pie
- You need 250 grams of filo pastry (one packet).
- You need 130 grams of unsalted butter or margarine.
- You need 600 grams of courgettes finely chopped (3 large courgettes).
- It's 2 of large leeks.
- You need 4 of medium eggs.
- You need 250 grams of feta cheese.
- Prepare 150 grams of mature cheddar cheese.
A spanakopita-like filo pie with courgette instead of the usual spinach, and shaved raw courgettes that add bite to a seasonal salad. Today I decided to share with you the recipe of my favourite Greek pie, which is not spanakopita but the leek equivalent of it. A chicken and leek pie with a crisp topping of filo pastry. sheets filo pastry. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
Leek and Courgette Filo Pie step by step
- Cook the chopped courgettes and leeks. Fry them gently in a little oil and let them sweat for 10 minutes. Alternatively cook in the oven with a little oil until soft. Add a little salt and pepper and let them cool. Squeeze out as much water as possible..
- Grease an oblong baking dish. I used a 26 cm by 22 cm dish. Reverse the baking dish and cut the filo pastry sheets to fit the size of that dish - it will make it easier to handle the pastry sheets. Melt the butter..
- Roughly divide the filo pastry into 3. Lay the first sheet on the bottom of the dish and brush throughly with the melted butter. Continue the same process with the rest of the first stack of sheets making sure very sheet is well brushed with butter. Scatter the courgette and leek mix over the top..
- Continue with the second stack of filo pastry sheets, again making sure that you brush every sheet with melted butter before adding the next one. When you have used up the second stack, spread the 4 beaten medium eggs over the dish and scatter the feta cheese. Add roughly 100 grated mature cheese..
- Use the third stack of filo pastry sheets as before, Finally brush the top with more melted butter and scatter the rest of the grated cheese. Cut the filo pastry into 16 squares before you put it in the oven. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes..
Dice the courgettes (unpeeled), add them to the onion mixture, and cook on a fairly high heat to prevent the courgettes becoming watery. The rice steals the water from the grated courgettes and plumps up as the two cook together inside the pie. It's as tasty as it is cunning. Mix the courgettes, rice, onion, cheese, eggs, olive oil and chopped herbs together in a large bowl. Chicken pie with a difference from Tesco Real Food - a creamy chicken, crème fraîche, leek & lemon filling topped with light, flaky filo pastry.