Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb). If you're looking for a tasty way to use up your summer zucchini, this is it! This pie makes a wonderful side dish to any meal or serve it at a potluck, for brunch or lunch. The kind of dish people will come back for seconds, I promise!
Ingredients of Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb)
- It's 2 cup of zucchini sliced (about 3).
- You need 5 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of red onion diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob (2 ears).
- It's 8 oz of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 3 of eggs whipped.
- You need dash of salt and peper.
- It's 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Easy low carb crustless zucchini pie packed with vegetables from your summer garden. This healthy zucchini pie recipe includes eggs, cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. in a saute pan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. add chopped onion sliced zucchini and mushrooms. Cover for 5 minutes then on corn. stir together and cover for 5 to 7 minutes stiring occasionally then remove lid and saute until 90% of liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and add to a big bowl for mixing. Add salt and pepper and stir mixing well..
- Diced fresh basil leaves and add to zucchini mixture and stir well. add Monterey Jack cheese and three eggs beaten to the zucchini mixture making sure to coat everything evenly..
- Transfer mixture to a greased pie pan. make sure everything is laying evenly across cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. if you cut into it beforehand it will be extra watery it is still cooking when it comes out.
This is a crustless quiche that has a base of eggs and cream along with plenty of summer ingredients like corn, zucchini, tomato and basil in addition to plenty of melted cheddar cheese! All you do is mix the ingredients, place them in a pie plate and bake until it is perfectly golden brown and oh so good! You'd never guess that this delicious Mock Apple Crumb Pie is really made with zucchini slices! We've been growing a variety of summer squash in our back yard garden this summer - zucchini, yellow summer squash, and the striped, Italian cocozelle - and we've been picking it (and eating it) as fast as it is ripe! When summer gives you so much squash, transform your fresh bounty of yellow squash and zucchini into these top-rated summer squash casseroles.