Lee's Pan Fried Zucchini. Breaded and pan-fried zucchini is a quick and easy side for meat, or you can serve it as a vegetarian main with other vegetables and a salad. This pan fried zucchini recipe involves a two-step breading method. First, dip the zucchini into beaten eggs, and then dredge in flour.
Ingredients of Lee's Pan Fried Zucchini
- It's 1 of Medium Size Zucchini ("cut into 3/8" rounds").
- Prepare 1-2 of Eggs Beaten + Splash of Water for Egg Wash.
- It's 1 Cup of AP Flour.
- It's 1 Cup of Seasoned Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Salt.
- You need to Taste of Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil for Pan Frying.
Finally, Sear zucchini until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, and toss in zucchini slices, mixing thoroughly to coat. Panfried zucchini recipe is the easiest side dish and so frugal. This is by far the easiest side dish you can make - Pan Fried Zucchini slices.
Lee's Pan Fried Zucchini instructions
- In three separate shallow dishes: beat eggs and water together. Season with salt and pepper. Mix flour together with one tablespoon of garlic salt. And put breadcrumbs in their own dish. Put 4-5 zucchini rounds at a time into the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour. Next place into the egg wash. Let excess egg mixture drip off. Then place in the breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly. Lightly pressing down to form a nice coating. Place on a wire rack rack, and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour..
- Pour about 1/4 - 1/2 inch of vegetable oil into a cast iron skillet. Let heat over medium high heat. Fry around 2-3 minutes per side, until desired browning. Remove and season with seasoning salt, while still hot. Serve with ranch dressing, marina sauce, etc. Enjoy! Note: season very liberally!!.
How To Make Fried Squash and Zucchini Ahead. This fried squash recipe is best fresh, but if you must, you can try making it ahead. For up to a few days ahead, the best way is to bread the zucchini and squash ahead of time, but don't actually pan fry the squash until it's time to serve it. This easy, quick-sautéed zucchini is the perfect side dish for those nights. It's full of flavor, and the zucchini slightly caramelizes as it cooks in the cast-iron pan.