One Pan Cooking! Easy Pork Stewed in Tomato. A couple of weeks ago, I cooked this Pork in Tomato Sauce dish and posted it on my Instagram Pork in Tomato Sauce. The nice part of those Instagram Stories is that many people get inspired to Some of the popular pork recipes on the blog are Three Pepper Stew, Pork with Zucchini and Corn. Welcome to our channel JES and Friends.
Ingredients of One Pan Cooking! Easy Pork Stewed in Tomato
- It's 300 grams of Pork (thigh or bite sized katsu).
- It's 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Mushrooms (Shimeji, Maitake, White, etc).
- Prepare 1/2 of of a bunch Spinach (or broccoli, asparagus, zucchini).
- It's 2 tsp of Garlic powder (or raw garlic, or tubed).
- It's of Seasoning A.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It's 1 dash of Umami seasoning (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Italian herb mix (or oregano, thyme, basil).
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 1 of Olive oil (for finishing).
It is a perfect lunch treat that I like to have with rice or crackers. Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Start with the pork hocks, tomato sauce, bell pepper, tomato, carrots. In a heavy bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon.
One Pan Cooking! Easy Pork Stewed in Tomato step by step
- Cut off the stem of the mushrooms and tear into bite size. Slice the white mushrooms into about 3mm thickness..
- Cut the onion into about 1cm wedges and separate..
- Score the meat on both sides of the pork and season with salt, pepper and MSG..
- Wrap the spinach with plastic wrap while it's still wet and microwave using the "Boil Leafy Vegetables" setting, if available. Then cut it into 3cm pieces..
- Put olive oil and garlic powder in a pan before turning on the heat. Heat slowly over low heat until the garlic is aromatic..
- When the garlic becomes fragrant, line the pork and turn up the heat to high. Grill until both sides of the pork are golden brown..
- Take out the pork once and wipe excess oil in the pan if necessary (Add oil if needed). Put the onions in the frying pan and stir fry until they wilt..
- Add mushrooms and stir fry until they're coated with oil..
- Add the pork. Then add the cut tomatoes and water poured into the can to pick up leftover tomato. Then add all the A ingredients..
- Cover with a lid and let it come to a boil. Stew for about 40 minutes on low heat. Add water if the liquid gets too low..
- Add spinach and stew for another 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and MSG. Dish it up in a plate and pour olive oil..
- This time, I used this herb mix in the photo but if you do not have herbs in your pantry, you could use consomme or soup stock cube to make it deliciously..
- You can cut the time to stew by using thinly sliced pork. This recipe also works well with chicken..
- The pork will get softer and more delicious if you stew longer. Check the the amount of liquid so that it doesn't burn..
If needed, add water or chicken stock if. Hearty stews needn't be meat-laden Case in point: this rich, vibrantly-spiced vegan stew of eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and peanut butter that is seasoned with North African spices like Add diced tomatoes, stock or water, eggplant, shallots and a sprinkling of salt. Canning stewed tomatoes doesn't have to be boring! This recipe is a great way to preserve your Combine all of these ingredients in a Crockpot and cook on low all day. I often substitute these stewed tomatoes in my dinner recipes.