Jjajang Myun 짜장면 (Chinese-Korean Black Bean Noodles) Sauce. Black bean paste, cucumber, daikon radish, jjajangmyeon noodles, korean radish, olive oil, onion, pork belly, potato, potato starch powder, sesame oil, vegetable oil, water, zucchini. Easy Jajangmyeon (Korean noodles in black bean sauce) recipe! Jajangmyeon (자장면) or jjajangmyeon (짜장면) is a Chinese-style Korean noodle dish topped with a thick sauce made of chunjang, diced pork, and vegetables.
Ingredients of Jjajang Myun 짜장면 (Chinese-Korean Black Bean Noodles) Sauce
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 of medium onion chopped into 1/4" dice (about 1 cup).
- You need 1 of large carrot cut into 1/4" cubes (about 1 cup).
- It's 1 of medium zucchini cut into 1/4" cubes (about 1 cup).
- You need 1 of medium potato cut into 1/4" cubes (about 1 cup).
- It's 1 lb of pork shoulder cut into 1/4" cubes & tossed with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 Tbsp corn or potato starch.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of corn/potato starch slurried in 2.5 Tablespoons cold water.
- It's 1/3 cup of jjajang (Korean black bean paste).
- You need 1 3/4 cups of unsalted chicken stock (or 1 2/3 cups water).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
Case in point, our recipe for Beijing Fried Sauce Noodles, Zha Jiang Mian, whose sauce involves mushrooms, pork, sweet bean sauce, and ground bean paste. When you look at the Korean version-jajangmyeon (note the adjusted spelling, but similar sound). Original Chinese black bean noodles doesn't taste sweet at all, it's just salty. But Korean version got to be sweet and savory!
Jjajang Myun 짜장면 (Chinese-Korean Black Bean Noodles) Sauce instructions
- In a large pot, saute the vegetables in 2 or 3 batches, using 2 teaspoons of oil per batch, over slightly higher than medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside..
- In the same pot, add 1.5 Tablespoons oil, turn the heat up to medium high, and saute the meat for 4 to 5 minutes, until most of the pieces have a dark golden brown sear on them..
- Pour in the black bean paste, water, sugar, and starch slurry, and story thoroughly to break up the paste and evenly distribute all the ingredients. Make sure to scrape the bottom to release any fond..
- Bring the sauce up to a gentle boil for about 2 minutes, then cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- At this point, give the sauce a taste, and if it's a little too salty, add water in Tablespoonfuls to adjust the flavor. (The salt in such salty condiments as black bean paste can intensify exponentially past a certain point in cooking.) Cut the heat and allow the sauce to cool and set for 5 minutes or so before ladling it over your noodles or rice..
- Enjoy! :).
Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small mixing bowl, pour into Jjajang sauce while you are stirring. Korean Instant Black Bean Sauce Noodle E-MART JAJA. And, that evening, as we sunk our metal chopsticks into the Korean noodles with thick black bean sauce, I just knew we had a perfect game on our hands. How to make jajangmyeon - 짜장면. Korean Food Jajangmyeon Instant Noodle Black Bean Sauce Paldo Chajang Myun Ramen.