Sausage Rolls. A sausage roll is a savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a take-away food. Sausage rolls are Australia's answer to America's Pigs in a Blanket - but (I'm going to say it!!) So much better!!!
Ingredients of Sausage Rolls
- You need 500 grams of Sausage mince.
- Prepare 500 grams of Lean pork mince.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, grated.
- It's 1 of Zucchini, grated.
- It's 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 7 of Sheets puff pastry (makes 14 large sausage rolls).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
I hope you enjoy this easy Sausage Rolls recipe! I have been making my own Sausage Rolls for years, and I noticed that the original recipe had excluded onions. Beef sausage rolls made with puff pastry - Quick, Easy and a Crowd Pleaser. Great as a snack, appetizer or Breakfast.
Sausage Rolls instructions
- Really easy- mix mince, carrot, zuchini and garlic together in large bowl..
- Spoon mixture onto puff pastry sheet, spread and then roll almost to the end..
- Brush some milk on the end of sheet and roll the end to seal..
- Trim both ends, slice in half and place on a prepared baking tray. Repeat until mixture is used up..
- Brush rolls with milk and place in oven at 160*C for 45 to 60 mins. Mine took 60 mins on low fan..
- Serve with a nice salad. Its so easy and ofcourse you can tweak it in many ways- different sizes, flavours, ingredients. Better than shop bought for sure..
Sausage rolls are a staple of both British and Irish food, so common that it is easy to forget what clever things they are. A buttery puff pastry baked to golden perfection gives a delightful flakiness and crisp. Sausage Rolls are a must-have for potlucks, Game Day parties, and holiday gatherings. Made with pizza dough and fresh sausages, they're like grown-up pigs in a blanket! Australian Sausage Rolls are a seasoned, fresh sausage wrapped in a flaky, buttery pastry.