Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup. One Pot Moroccan Chicken Stew with Sweet Potato & Couscous. Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, butternut squash, lentils, and salt and pepper.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- It's 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It's 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- It's 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- You need 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon wedges. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup. This recipe is simple and easy, starting with a base of chopped onions, celery, and carrots. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs. Bright butternut squash gives beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber to this satisfying homemade soup. Serve it for dinner or—if you can't wait—lunch.