Quick Beef Shepherd Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her.
Ingredients of Quick Beef Shepherd Pie
- It's 1 lb of 80/20 or higher Ground Beef.
- It's 1/2 of large Zucchini.
- It's 1/4 of medium onion, chopped.
- It's 1 of what ever other veggies you have.
- Prepare 1 of I used fresh corn.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- It's 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 packages of instant potatoes /make your own.
- It's of salt n pepper.
- Prepare pinch of ground cumin & coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili flakes.
This hearty supper-in-one sent by Elaine Williams is ideal for small families. I added cheddar cheese to the top of the potatoes. I made it for a late lunch, early dinner..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Quick Beef Shepherd Pie step by step
- Chop all veggies to a small dice even in size then in a sauté pan with a Lil oil sear them til tender not fone all the way.I used brown butter with sage!.
- Put into bottom of the Pyrex and in the same pan start your beef,cook til just done don't over cook.
- While that's cooking get your water on for potatoes, when done set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer your beef on top of the veggies then your potatoes on top of that.
- Bake for 20 min or till it begins to bubble..let sit for a few minutes.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Brown up ground beef to make quick ground beef recipes and hamburger recipes that your family is sure to love for dinner. Our version of a Shepherd's Pie is certainly a Southern dinner classic. Quick and easy, this comfort-food classic combines layers of ground beef, mashed carrots, mashed potatoes, and Cheddar cheese into a one-pot meal that's ready in just one hour.