Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters. Great recipe for Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters. My daughter doesn't really eat vegetables, but she loves quiche! So while thinking about the health properties of tofu, I added it to make a healthy quiche.
Ingredients of Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters
- Prepare 1 of sheet Frozen pie crust.
- You need of Egg Mixture:.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It's 200 grams of Silken tofu.
- You need 30 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's 1 of Grated cheese.
- You need 1 dash of Consomme soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Fillings:.
- Prepare 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 3 slice of Bacon or ham.
- You need 1 of Spinach, eggplant, zucchini etc..
- It's 1 dash of Butter or margarine.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Firm tofu as a vegan egg substitute, best healthy no crust, oil-free, egg-free, whole foods quiche, smells and looks and tastes wonderful. So while thinking about the health properties of tofu, I added it to make a healthy quiche. Since it tastes great with any vegetables available in the fridge, I often enjoy this with my daughter for lunch. This Easy Vegan Quiche is absolutely perfect for a holiday breakfast or weekend brunch.
Easy But Healthy Quiche with Tofu for Dieters step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Let the frozen pie crust thaw to room temperature. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place a light weight on top to squeeze out the moisture..
- Spread out the pie sheet into the pie dish, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and place the pie weights on top. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the 200°C oven..
- While the crust is baking, cut all of the filling ingredients into 1cm sized pieces and lightly saute. If that's too much work, you don't have to saute them!.
- Put the drained tofu into a bowl and use a whisk to mix it until smooth..
- Add the egg mixture and remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir..
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust until about 2/3 filled, and smooth it out. Don't put in the filling ingredients first!.
- Place the filling ingredients on top of the egg mixture. (In the picture, I used 1/2 onion, 1 small eggplant, 1/2 zucchini, and 2 slices of bacon. 1 slice of quiche = 100 calories.).
- Cover with the remaining egg mixture and flatten it out. Drop the quiche 2 or 3 times from a distance of about 10 cm to release the air pockets..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the 200°C oven and enjoy!.
Substitutions: Omit the oil and use water instead in the crust and for sauteing the vegetables to make Oil Free.; To make it Gluten Free, use certified gluten free oat flour instead of the white or wheat flour.; To make it Nut Free, use soy or coconut milk instead of almond in the filling, and. This healthy quiche recipe is perfect for entertaining--the quiche can be made ahead and is just as flavorful served warm or at room temperature. Filled with shrimp, spinach, oregano, caramelized onions and feta cheese, this healthy quiche with a whole-grain crust is perfect for breakfast or brunch, or served with a light salad for lunch. This tofu veggie stir-fry is quick and easy, making it a great go-to weeknight meal. Baked tofu has a firm, toothsome texture that crisps well in a hot pan.