Taco Zucchini Boats. These Taco Zucchini Boats are jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less Every summer you know I'm all about those Zucchini Boats. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect. This has become a favorite in my house!
Ingredients of Taco Zucchini Boats
- It's 4 medium of zucchinis.
- It's 1/2 cup of mild salsa.
- It's 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It's 1/2 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bell pepper minced.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of scallions chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of cilantro chopped.
- It's 4 oz of can of tomato sauce.
They're a great way to enjoy your zucchini and are gluten-free, dairy-free. Taco-seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese help make these taco stuffed zucchini boats a satisfying (and better for you) main dish recipe. This zucchini boats recipe is simple, and for the taco fixings, we're using minced beef, onions, garlic, and red bell pepper. Carefully place turkey mixture into zucchini boats, do not overfill.
Taco Zucchini Boats instructions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Preheat oven to 400°..
- Place 1/4 cup of salsa in the bottom of a large baking dish..
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out middle of zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shell on each side..
- Chop up scooped out zucchini and save 3/4 cup for taco filling. (Squeeze excess water with a paper towel.).
- Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and boil for 1 minute. Remove..
- Brown beef in a large skillet. When no longer pink, add spices and mix well..
- Add the onion, bell pepper, reserved zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes..
- Using a spoon fill the hollowed out zucchini boats with taco filling. Top each with a tablespoon of cheese..
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through. Top with scallions and cilantro and serve with salsa on the side.
Skip the tortillas and load up on veggies with a family-friendly recipe for Healthy Taco Zucchini Boats. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are full of ground turkey or beef, tons of spicy Mexican flavor, and make an easy low-carb and keto dinner recipe. These taco zucchini boats are a great way to get some taco-packed flavors in a healthy form and use your zucchini in a fresh and creative way. These keto Taco Zucchini boats are made with fresh zucchini stuffed with seasoned ground beef, bell peppers, and topped with cheese and a spicy salsa. How to Make Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats.