Zucchini squash surprise. We are all familiar with zucchini, but there are many types of summer squash out there, including chayote and pattypan. What's the difference between Squash and Zucchini? Squash are technically fruit, but cooked as Zucchinis are summer squash.
Ingredients of Zucchini squash surprise
- You need 2 cup of warm water.
- It's 1 cup of Brown rice.
- You need 1 packages of chicken strips.
- Prepare 1 head of zucchini.
- It's 1 head of yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 dash of lemon pepper.
Zucchini Pad Thai with zucchini "zoodles" - yes way!! Check out this video below from White on Rice Couple. Zucchini and summer squash are totally interchangeable when it comes to gratins. Keep it simple with a crispy breadcrumb and Parm topping, or go for something more comforting that's creamy and cheesy.
Zucchini squash surprise instructions
- Bring water to a boil.
- Season chicken strips of your choice of seasoning (lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt-free seasoning etc).
- Cook chicken until all the way done.
- Chop zucchini and squash in pieces.
- Saute zucchini and squash with butter in pan.
- Add rice to boiling water, let simmer (occasionally stirring).
- Place rice on dish add zucchini and squash mixture.
- Top with chicken strips and garnish with parsley.
Slice zucchini and squash very thin. Heat olive oil and saute onion until tender. This sautéed squash and zucchini recipe makes a quick and easy side dish that is sure to be a hit with the entire family. Zucchini makes the perfect addition to light summer dishes. Zucchini are so plentiful right now that farmers' markets and neighborhood gardeners are practically giving them away.