Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread. "A combination of two favorites: banana nut bread and zucchini bread. The flavors combine and in each bite you get just a hint of both flavors." Add oil, brown sugar, white sugar, grated zucchini, bananas, and vanilla; blend together until well combined. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder.
Ingredients of Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread
- It's 4 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of melted butter, cooled.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of seeded, grated, unpeeled zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of mashed banana.
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled, grated eggplant (seeds are ok).
- It's 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest (fresh is best).
- Prepare of optional:.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, pine nuts or dried cranberries.
- Prepare of topping:.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar for sprinkling, also optional..
It's another delicious way to use zucchini, which is so abundant in late summer. Continue to make layers of zucchini/eggplant, cheeses, and sauce until all ingredients are used, ending with mozzarella. Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs, if desired. If you have a few leaves of fresh basil or some onion slices remaining, they can be placed in the center to embellish and add.
Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place zucchini, eggplant, banana and zest in a large bowl. Add eggs and both sugars. Wisk well..
- Wisk in butter, oil and vanilla. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl sift or wisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger..
- Add dry to wet and stir until incorporated. Fold in nuts or cranberries if desired..
- Divide the batter between two smaller sized greased or sprayed loaf pans..
- Sprinkle tops with sugar..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Cool and serve..
Another way to get zucchini into your diet! If your zucchini bushes produce like mine then you are going to need many recipes to use them all up! This gluten free and paleo zucchini banana bread is soft and tender, moist, cake-like and has just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect for breakfast toasted and slathered with almond butter or for an afternoon snack. Experiment with adding your favorite mix-ins to this simple grain free, dairy free quick.