Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions. Hi friends today I have a fantastic #indianveg, #Zucchiniballssauce or #kaddokofta recipe for you so please watch like and share my video with your friends. Vegan Malai Kofta, Indian Style Dumplings in a Creamy Tomato Onion Curry. A creamy, restaurant-style recipe for vegan Malai Kofta, a pretty Indian dish with creamy I was a vegetarian back then, but now I'm vegan I will be so happy to make this version.
Ingredients of Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions
- It's 2 cup of coarse shredded seedless zucchini.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It's 2 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 of hot green chili, seeded and minced..
- You need 1 of veggie oil for deep frying.
Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love. Vegan malai kofta is a delicious Indian dish. For the koftas, grate the zucchinis and mix it with the rest of the kofta ingredients except the oil.
Louki Kofta ( Indian zucchini balls ) with vegetarian instructions step by step
- Squeeze zucchini with hands as much as you can to remove all excess liquid. Discard liquid..
- In a large bowl mix together zucchini, green chilis, ginger,parsley,salt and baking powder..
- Heat enough oil to deep fry in a deep fryer or deep welled skillet or wok until hot..
- While oil is heating add the flour to the zucchini mix and knead until sticky and moldable. If too loose add more flour..
- NOTE: as mixture sits the zucchini will continue to make liquid so add flour as needed between batches of frying..
- Mold into 1/2 tbl sized balls (about 25 total).
- When oil reaches 355°F slip about 6 balls at a time into hot oil. Seperate them as they float together so they dont stick..
- Fry until deep golden and crunchy..
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain for a moment..
- Transfer to a warm serving dish and keep warm. Repeat until all balls are cooked..
- Serve with my indian tomato gravy or marinara sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356473-masala-tamatar-sas-indian-seasoned-tomato-gravy-vegetarian.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Adapted from the art of indian vegetarian cooking by: yamura devi.
- To make this vegetarian...... just sub the all purpose flour for chipea flour and sub ghee for the vegetable oil..
Using your hands, shape the kofta mixture into ping pong-size balls. The Best Vegetarian Zucchini Indian Recipes on Yummly Zucchini With Lentils And Roasted Garlic, Indian Vegetable Curry, Zucchini Chickpeas Curry. Zucchini with Lentils and Roasted GarlicSteamy Kitchen. The word "kofta" usually refers to a ball of minced meat.