Roasted Mexican Zucchini. Mexican Roasted Zucchini- A low-carb side to any Mexican dish- a great alternative to rice and beans! Easy to make and and jam-packed with flavor similar to Mexican street corn. This Mexican Roasted Zucchini is low-carb side to any Mexican dish- a great alternative to rice and beans!
Ingredients of Roasted Mexican Zucchini
- It's 4 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted, melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 of cloves of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It's 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mexican four cheese blend shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of recipe Crispy Onion Strings, recipe listed below.
Easy to make and and jam-packed with flavor similar to Mexican street corn. Mexican Roasted Zucchini- A low-carb side to any Mexican dish- a great alternative to rice and beans! Spicy Roasted Zucchini - an easy side dish for the whole family to enjoy! Roasting veggies brings out such wonderful flavors.
Roasted Mexican Zucchini instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray foil lightly with non stick spray..
- Cut each zucchini in half the lon way, score flesh side of zucchini in 1/4 inch deep cross slits..
- Comine melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice, pepper, chili powder, sugar and salt to taste in a bowl, whisk to combine..
- Place zucchini on prepared pan, scored side up in a single layer, brush with seasoned butter/oil mixture. Roast about 15 minutes until tender, remove pan from oven and evenly sprinkle mexican cheese blend on each zucchini. Return to oven to melt cheese about 5 minutes...
- Transfer to serving platter and top each zucchini with some crispy onion strings. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346085-crispy-onion-strings.
For this spicy roasted zucchini, I used spices. Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters; cut each piece in half crosswise. The Best Mexican Zucchini Recipes on Yummly Spiced Ground Meat With Vegetables And Mole Sauce, Easy Mexican Chicken And Rice Casserole, Easy Mexican Corn And Rice Casserole. We had a really good zucchini crop this year.