Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara. Lentils are combined with an herb-packed marinara sauce and poured over a bed of zucchini noodles to make this low-carb spaghetti dish. I just love lentils and marinara so it was a quick decision to marry the two of them in this zucchini dish! I love to drizzle my dish with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients of Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara
- You need 2 large of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of lentils.
- It's 675 ml of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 4 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Italian spice blend.
- It's 4 tsp of parmesan cheese.
Zucchini marinara was one of the first recipes I ever blogged about. It has remained popular ever since, and I was reminded of why I love it so much when I taught the recipe at a raw foods cooking class last week at the gorgeous Annapolis Whole Foods. The class, sponsored by the fabulous folks. Zucchini Spaghetti - a super delicious way to prepare zucchini - plus it's ready in minutes!
Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara step by step
- Cook lentils according to package directions, I just added water, brought to boil, then simmered 35 minutes until all water was absorbed and lentils soft..
- Dice onion and mince garlic and fry in a pan with oil until cooked..
- Add onion and garlic to a pot and add spices and tomato sauce..
- Spiral zucchini.
- Add spiralized zucchini to medium sauce pan and cook over low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is soft with a pasta-like texture..
- Stir cooked lentils drain any excess water into marinara sauce and simmer another 1-2 minutes..
- Serve and garnish with parmesan cheese..
Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. This simple recipe for Zucchini Spaghetti is super quick to prepare, and it is perfect for those nights when you don't have a lot of time to cook dinner for the family, but still want. Enjoy your spaghetti with a red wine-infused marinara made with roasted eggplant and roasted garlic along with vegan lentil meatballs. Serve hot topped with warm roasted eggplant marinara and lentil meatballs. Garnish with parsley or basil and top with some vegan.