Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta". Follow these simple instructions to make delicious and healthy carrot and zucchini pasta for an easy light lunch or veggie-filled dinner. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Carrot and zucchini pasta is mixed with a creamy, avocado cucumber sauce for a simple, delicious and vegan zucchini noodle recipe.
Ingredients of Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta"
- It's 4 of carrots (or zucchinis or half of each).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of (or more) of any pasta sauce you prefer (i.e. marinara sauce, mince meat, peanut sauce, carbonara sauce etc).
- It's 6 tbsp of grated cheese.
If you enjoyed this video, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Our recipe for carrot pasta is a slightly healthier take on gnocchi. The best part: You?ll feel a little more virtuous when you help yourself to seconds. And to our list we add this recipe for carrot pasta.
Healthy carrot / zucchini "pasta" step by step
- This is the most "difficult" and boring part of the preparation. You'll need a potato peeler and you have to peel each carrot (and/or zucchini) until it's so thin that you can't possibly peel it anymore. The time this takes depends on the size of the carrots but it's generally ~6 mins per carrot..
- Once you're done with step one you'll have carrot (and/or zucchini) noodles! They may seem like a lot but they'll shrink in size later on..
- Throw all of the "noodles" into a frying pan and cook for ~3-5 mins, until they're as soft as you like your pasta to be. You don't need to add any oil but you gotta stir and move them around a lot..
- Turn off the heat and add your favorite sauce (that you've already prepared before starting with this recipe)..
- Transfer to bowls..
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese (I find that the taste of the carrots is too strong without cheese) and enjoy!.
The colorful and slightly healthier take on gnocchi (you know, those hearty potato-based pillows of. By shredding carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash, you'll end up with something that looks like a colorful pasta dish, but it's actually a. Make your own zucchini pasta (zoodles) with a quick and simple recipe that's a little closer to actual pasta. Wondering if your usual pasta dishes will go well with zucchini noodles? Try these combinations to create the perfect veggie pasta dishes, or you can even add meat or.