Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles.
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
- It's of SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI.
- Prepare 1 lb of medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It's 3 of medium zucchini, ends removed and cut into thin strips to resemble spaghetti.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- It's of SAUCE.
- You need 1 of Shallot, sliced.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It's 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It's of GARNISH.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh grayed romano cheese, plus more for serving.
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles instructions
- Season shrimp with cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook until.pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallot and garlic to the same skillet the shrimp was cooked in and cook 1 minute just to soften. Add wine and cook until almost gone.
- Add broth, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, cream, black pepper and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Add zucchini, tossing to coat with sauce and cook until just tender about 2 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving platter, sprinkle with romano cheese, top with shrimp and parsley. Add more romano cheese when serving.
- Note, The zucchini can be cut by knife. I use a simple tool that when you put the zucchini in and twist the noodles come out. I got it at the grocery store. I picture it below.