Fried zucchini and squash pasta. Make fried squash or zucchini with my blue ribbon winning recipe and discover how good this Southern dish can be! You and your family will love this. Salting and sweating the zucchini before frying pulls most of the extra moisture from the zucchini or yellow squash.
Ingredients of Fried zucchini and squash pasta
- You need 1 of green zucchini.
- You need 1 of yellow squash.
- It's 1 packages of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 2 of Jars spaghetti sauce.
- You need 1 packages of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of basil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It's 1 of thyme.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- It's 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
When using them raw, salt them first to draw out some of the. Zucchini and yellow squash are cut into uniform pieces, and sealed into a foil packet with butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then the packets are grilled until the vegetables are juicy and flavorful. Add the pasta and stir to prevent sticking.
Fried zucchini and squash pasta step by step
- Cook and Drain noodles. Preheat oven to 350.
- In med. bowl beat milk and egg together and set aside..
- On a plate combine flour and seasonings and mix together..
- Cut up zucchini and squash in chips and dip in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture. Repeat until all pieces are coated..
- In skillet heat oil. Fry zucchini and squash chips until crispy on both sides. Repeat until gone..
- Combine one jar of sauce with the noodles and pour into a baking dish..
- Pour second jar of sauce over the top and layer with alternating zucchini and squash chips. Top with cheese and bake until melted..
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. These crispy, oven-fried zucchini and squash are lightly breaded and baked to perfection, without all the artery-clogging grease! Then, toss in the squash and zucchini. Close the top of the bag and toss around until veggies are coated well with the dry mixture. Parmesan Fried Zucchini is an easy to make, crisp, yummy appetizer with a nice mild, garden vegetable flavor.