Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats. Classic stuffed zucchini boat recipes typically call for a heavy meat and cheese topping, but these vegetarian zucchini boats take on fresh Mediterranean. Mediterranean Zucchini Boats with California Ripe Olives. It is that time of year when your one little zucchini plant turns into a wheelbarrow full of squash.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats
- It's 4 medium of zucchini.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 packages of Crock-Pot savory herb chicken slow cooker seasoning.
- It's 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of red onion, finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of kalamata olives, chopped.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of capers, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
Mediterranean Zucchini Boats with California Ripe OlivesThe Stay At Home Chef. These healthy zucchini boats from Delish.com are the best. Don't you worry, we've got a recipe for hasselback and boat-style jalapeño popper zucchinis. Mediterranean Baked Zucchini Sticks Recipe is crunchy oven roasted zucchini with feta cheese, fresh parsley and no breading.
Mediterranean Style Zucchini Boats step by step
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix Crock-Pot seasoning with water and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
- Remove chicken from crock pot (discard remaining cooking liquids) and shred with two forks. Set aside..
- Set oven to low broil. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat..
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until translucent..
- Turn heat to low and add shredded chicken, lemon juice, chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers, and give a good stir. Cover and let simmer while you prepare zucchini..
- Chop ends off of zucchini and cut in half length-wise. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the middles, creating zucchini boats..
- Place the 8 zucchini halves in a greased casserole dish, and either brush the insides with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Broil zucchini in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until edges begin to brown..
- Remove zucchini from oven, and turn oven to bake at 400°F..
- Mix feta cheese into the chicken mixture in skillet, stirring well..
- Use a spoon to generously stuff zucchini halves with chicken mixture. Top with additional feta crumbles and bake for approximately 10 more minutes at 400°F..
I was in a mood for a lighter zucchini boats, without the sauce and cheese. The ones you can pick up with your hands, more of a side dish or even a cold. Zucchini boats are hollowed out and filled with ground beef, onions, and pine nuts before they are baked and then topped with yogurt I almost called these Mediterranean zucchini boats with the pine nuts and lemon zest and couscous - they felt like they had a real Mediterranean flair to me. Mediterranean style beach fishing boat landscaping decorations aquarium simulation ornaments yacht boat. Mediterranean Style Boat Beacon Toilet Wooden WC Sign Door Plate Bathroom Decor for Home Hotel WC Door Plate Bathroom supplies.