Yellow zucchini and onion. A simple recipe for sauteed zucchini and onions. This is how I like to prepare my zucchini and onions. Yellow squash with cheese, zucchini and onions will also require one-third cup of feta cheese.
Ingredients of Yellow zucchini and onion
- Prepare 4 medium of yellow zucchini squash.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt & pepper to taste.
Fresh yellow zucchini (courgettes), red onion and garlic on grey stone background - preparing food. Kitchen scenery captured from above (top view, flat lay). Background layout with free text space. And yes, you can do this with zucchini as well.
Yellow zucchini and onion instructions
- Clean and slice zucchini. Put in a pot and cover with water. Boil till tender then drain water..
- Peel and clean onion then dice and set aside..
- Add canola oil to frying pan, then add zucchini and onion..
- Break apart (mash) zucchini and onion mixture. Stir every 15-20 minutes to keep mixture from sticking. Cook on medium heat for 1 hour to get rid of some of the liquid..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
I went to the Union Square Greenmarket Monday with my friend Amy who writes a gluten-free blog called I do something similar by sauteing both yellow squash and zucchini with the onion, garlic in olive oil, but add fresh mushrooms and instead of fresh. Zucchini and yellow squash are low in calories with a low glycemic index. Both squashes are a good source of vitamins A and C, fiber and potassium and they How do you make zucchini gratin? This delectable recipe could not be any easier! Using an ovenproof skillet melt the butter and add the onion.