Zucchini Boats. After working hard all our lives and raising a family, we're now enjoying a simpler life. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect use for the abundance of summer zucchini. They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- It's 6 of Zucchini.
- It's 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- You need 1/3 medium of Onion.
- It's 4 tbsp of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cilantro.
- It's 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic.
- You need 1 cup of Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Red Peppers.
- It's 1 dozen of Cherry Tomatos.
Use Your Garden Zucchini to Make. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night! This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto. These zucchini boats are a healthy and flavorful Italian-inspired meal, and a delicious way to sneak in some extra veggies!
Zucchini Boats instructions
- Brown Ground Turkey Breast with Taco Seasoning.
- Give a quick wash to the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise, leaving the ends on to keep the filling inside. Use a melon baller to scoop the flesh out of the zucchini. Be careful to not break the peeling of the zucchini with the melon baller – leaving a thin layer of flesh inside helps ensure this!.
- Place zucchini boats in a glass dish..
- Use a food processor to finely chop: the zucchini flesh you removed, carrots, red peppers, and onions. Spray a large sauce pan with olive oil and place the chopped ingredients in the pan. Add cilantro, salt and pepper, and garlic..
- Sauté until mixture is completely cooked. Place mixture into a large bowl and add Greek yogurt and stir thoroughly..
- Mix in turkey with zucchini mixture..
- Fill zucchini boats with mixture..
- Cut tomatoes and place on top of stuffed zucchini boats and sprinkle with some fat free mozzarella cheese. (Maybe an 1/8 of a cup makes it way on one boat maximum!).
- Cook at 350 for approximately 25 minutes..
Sailing Into a Tasty Meal with Zucchini Boats. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats have so much flavor with ground turkey, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and cheese. This is a healthier dinner recipe your whole family will love. Stuffed Zucchini Boats - Baked tender zucchini stuffed with a rich meat sauce and topped with a mound of melty cheese. Stuffed Zucchini is easy to make and this recipe is one of THE best ways to.