Zucchini lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! I've made this dish a gazillion times and even. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
Ingredients of Zucchini lasagna
- Prepare 4 of zucchini.
- It's 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 6 oz of baby spinach.
- You need 1/2 of small yellow onion, minced.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 32 oz of jar pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 6 of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 15 oz of ricotta cheese, part skim.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano, dried flakes.
- Prepare 1 of fresh basil leaves, for garnish.
- You need 3 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
This zucchini lasagna isn't a recipe to make on the hottest day of the year; join me in having To avail you of your CSA zucchini overload, this lasagna swaps thin-sliced zucchini for lasagna noodles. Zucchini Lasagna made low carb with layers of zucchini instead of pasta, flavorful turkey tomato sauce and gooey cheese. Zucchini Lasagna has a thick meat sauce made with ground beef and Italian sausage, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and thinly sliced zucchini in place of noodles. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays.
Zucchini lasagna instructions
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Spread into a single layer on a clean dish towel and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Blot up water with a paper towel..
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on the pans and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Broil for 10-20 minutes, flipping slices over once, until zucchini is tender and slightly browned on both sides..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add red pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Add pasta sauce to pot along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in ricotta, oregano, and parmesan..
- Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce into pan and top with a single layer of roasted zucchini. Place 3 noodles on top, followed by half the cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with half the remaining sauce and repeat the layer. Place the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F..
- Remove foil for last few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh julienned basil..
I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that was healthy at the same time. This Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna Recipe is low-carb, a one-pot meal, and absolutely delicious. Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups are made with thin zucchini slices rolled around a delicious ricotta filling, then baked in tomato sauce and topped with cheese. When it comes to comfort food, there are few meals as satisfying as warm, cheesy lasagna. This zucchini lasagna recipe uses zucchini two ways!