Chocolate Zucchini Cake.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Ingredients of Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Prepare of Cake batter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of Grated zucchini.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare of Ganache frosting.
- You need 12 oz of Bag of chocolate chips, I prefer semi-sweet.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whipping cream or half & half.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Almond extract or other extract, optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream the butter, oil, & sugar with an electric mixer..
- Add the eggs and beat in. Fold in the grated zucchini..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then mix into the wet mixture..
- Lastly, add in the buttermilk & vanilla and beat on low until just combined..
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 cake pan. Spread out evenly in the pan..
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes to one hour, or until completely set in the middle. Time will vary depending on the moisture content of your zucchini..
- Let cool completely before frosting the cake..
- For the ganache: Heat the cream to a slow boil...just when you see the small bubbles around the edge of sauce pan. Then pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit one minute before beginning to whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in one tablespoon butter, cut into small chunks and flavoring extract if using..
- Let the ganache cool slightly before frosting the cake..