Zucchini Lasagna. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta! I've made this dish a gazillion times and even. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna
- It's 2 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 3 c of fat free ricotta.
- You need 1 pkg of fat free mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 jar of Prego Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's 1 lb of ground Turkey.
Zucchini Lasagna has a thick meat sauce made with ground beef and Italian sausage, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and thinly sliced zucchini in place of noodles. I first made this zucchini lasagna recipe a few months ago when my parents came to visit for the holidays. I wanted to make them a fancy comfort-food dish that was healthy at the same time. This Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna Recipe is low-carb, a one-pot meal, and absolutely delicious.
Zucchini Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Brown ground turkey in a pan, adding 1tbsp of minced garlic (optional).
- Add 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to turkey, mix thoroughly, and set pan aside..
- Take Zucchini and trim both ends, then proceeding to halve them. Using a sharp knife (I used a mandolin) to slice long thin strips..
- Grab your casserole dish, spray with nonstick oil, and a thin layer of sauce to prevent sticking..
- Lay down your first layer of Zucchini strips, being sure to cover bottom of dish. Then proceed to evenly lay your turkey and sauce mixture..
- Take your ricotta and egg and mixed together in a mixing bowl. Once combined, spread mixture over your turkey mixture evenly..
- Take 1/2 cup of your mozzarella and evenly sprinkle over ricotta..
- Layer remaining Zucchini. Top with rest of sauce and mozzarella..
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
This zucchini lasagna isn't a recipe to make on the hottest day of the year; join me in having To avail you of your CSA zucchini overload, this lasagna swaps thin-sliced zucchini for lasagna noodles. Zucchini Lasagna made low carb with layers of zucchini instead of pasta, flavorful turkey tomato sauce and gooey cheese. When it comes to comfort food, there are few meals as satisfying as warm, cheesy lasagna. This zucchini lasagna recipe uses zucchini two ways! Zucchini is blended into the creamy filling and zucchini planks are layered into the lasagna itself.