Zucchini Boats. After working hard all our lives and raising a family, we're now enjoying a simpler life. These Taco Zucchini Boats are the perfect use for the abundance of summer zucchini. They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- It's 1 pound of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- Prepare 8 oz of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- Prepare 6 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash.
Use Your Garden Zucchini to Make. These zucchini boats are a healthy and flavorful Italian-inspired meal, and a delicious way to sneak in some extra veggies! Sailing Into a Tasty Meal with Zucchini Boats. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night!
Zucchini Boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats have so much flavor with ground turkey, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and cheese. This is a healthier dinner recipe your whole family will love. Stuffed Zucchini Boats - Baked tender zucchini stuffed with a rich meat sauce and topped with a mound of melty cheese. Stuffed Zucchini is easy to make and this recipe is one of THE best ways to.